Olivia vom Drachenberg (Olivia aka Liver-girl) 6/21/99 - 9/12/12

CGC,Therapy Dog, BH, CD, UCD, HIC, UCDX, CDX. RN, PSA TC


Good Days, Bad Days

It's sad to see dogs age.  Olivia developed arthritis in her back end and over the last few years her body has taken on a new look as she used her front legs more to take the pressure from her back legs.  Then from less exercise she gained 10 pounds.  The last time I had her to the vet I said I never thought I'd have an overweight dog but when I thought about it, she is about 15% over what she should be and, heck, so am I!!!  Her bushy fur makes her look even rounder so I do a body check to see how she really feels.  And she has developed I guess you would say more chin but in a dog it results in more fur to make her look like she has a beautiful mane.